Subject: Re: VWCDPIC remote control for Volkswagens completed.

Re: VWCDPIC remote control for Volkswagens completed.

From: Eric Linenberg <elinenbe_at_umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:45:38 -0400

Quick story... I just installed a vwcdpic in my 99 Golf
yesterday. Worked PERFECTLY. Great work Mr. Schlunder --
nice to see you involved in the Rockbox project!

Thanks for the great work with the vwcdpic! I already can't
believe I lived without it!

-eric

rkc> I have finished implementing support for remote controlling the Archos
rkc> Jukebox from Volkswagen/Audi/Seat head units via the VWCDPIC audio
rkc> interface adapter.

rkc> Schematics and firmware for the VWCDPIC are available from the Developer's
rkc> Area of this web site:

rkc> http://www.k9spud.com/vwcdpic/

rkc> I have also done some work on the Rockbox firmware to support additional
rkc> remote control commands that the VWCDPIC sends. My patch adds support for
rkc> automatically loading and saving "car" mode configuration settings
rkc> to a "/.rockbox/car.cfg" file whenever the user hooks their Archos up to
rkc> the car. This makes it possible for the
rkc> volume/bass/treble/etc settings to
rkc> automatically adjust themselves for the car environment without the user
rkc> having to do anything beyond plugging in and powering up.

rkc> It also pauses/resumes playback when the user switches input modes on the
rkc> head unit or turns off the head unit. This makes it more automatic for
rkc> songs to pick up right where the user was last listening.

rkc> My Rockbox patch has been submitted in SourceForge as request #985118. I
rkc> would like this to eventually get integrated in the mainline Rockbox
rkc> firmware so that I don't have to maintain a special branch for VW users.

rkc> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=985118&group_id=44306&atid=439120