Subject: RE: HDD spindown problem on daily build

RE: HDD spindown problem on daily build

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:54:17 +0100

OK I see the reasoning behind it, even if it doesn't apply to the wps screen
it is easier to code, but try this...
play a track,
wait until the disk spins down the first time after it fills the mpeg
buffer,
then press a volume button just before the disk spins up automatically, ie.
when the disk is still off.

It will then apply the timeout again once the disk automatically spins up
the second time, but only for the time since the button was pressed, not the
time the disk was accessed. Shouldn't the button based timeout only be
applied if the disk is already spinning?

Stu.