Subject: AW: AW: Still Problems with AJB Remote

AW: AW: Still Problems with AJB Remote

From: Matthias Klumpp <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:43:46 +0200

Hi Jörg,

# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
# OK, let me rephrase, the once I've seen had a pullup. Let's hope
# the pin is connected at all. Some FMs have no remote pin connection, but
this can be
# bridged internally.

Ok, so there is no general rule.
To be sure everybody with a Recorder should check the voltage level on the
remote pin.

# It's pin 2 of the board-to-board connector. No pullup drawn.

Aha, so the remote pin of the Recorder's needs to be driven actively,
correct ?

# Rockbox site search got me there:
# http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2004-03/0049.shtml

There is a application not mentioned:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/applicationnotes/AN97055.pdf

I'm not understanding this very well.

Could you maybe be so kind and describe the circuit that would be needed in
my case (starting from the uC's out to the remote pin) ?
What values do the R's have to have ?
Which type of resistors will be suitable ?

Many thanks in advance for your help (as I'm not very good in HW, I would
apreciate your help very much).

THX

Matthias