Subject: Re: "R" prize

Re: "R" prize

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:27:15 -0400

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:15:33 +0100, BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net> wrote:

>Although I think that this is a great place to find talent, I'm not sure if
>it's the place to discuss the technical details.
>
>Perhaps someone would like to start a yahoo group (or whatever) for a
>discussion of this nature?

Please don't. I'd hate to see the RockBox developer community splinter.

>Much would be platform dependant, but the general structure almost *must*
>be ignorant of that fact - so I might also consider getting a tech spec
>together and forget the platform until that is done?
>
>And althought I do not want to question the cya nature of the rules, which
>I understand to be necessary. I do wonder how likely it is that those
>guidelines could be fully appreciated without room for doubt, debate or
>differences of understanding.
>
>For example, I possess the skill-set required to achieve such, but could
>not offer things like server space for cvs etc. ...so it becomes a team
>exercise, and I'm in for a meal out in exchange for 6months/1year of my
>free time ...at which level this has to be for the love of it, not for money.
>
>Sounds like fun though - money or no.

My approach is exactly like the X prize. I don't care how you do it as long
as you get it done like I want. Like I said in my initial post, the prize is
won when I run Rockbox on the new hardware.

yep, should be fun. I just wish I wasn't so rusty at programming and had the
time to participate on that level.

John
---
John De Armond