Subject: Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500

Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500

From: VooDoo <2VooDoo_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:16:47 +0200

Hello everyone,

after nearly 2 years of enjoying RockBox I bought a new MP3-Player. This
new thing is an i.Beat 500 (also known as X-Clef 800). I don't like
their firmware very much and would love to have RockBox running on it. I
am not too experienced in reverse engineering - ok, a bit of knowlege
like working wis Disassemblers or SoftIce and stuff i got, but I would
not call myself a cracker or hacker.

How can I start to descramble or analyse their Firmware and the
architecture how the hardware comes in? Is there work already done?

Would love it if there are others with the same aims =).

Thank you

C ya
VooDoo