Subject: Dead FMR

Dead FMR

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:25:30 -0600

Original post,

Hello fellow Rockboxers,

Well it has finally happened. My FMR has kicked the bucket! It won't fire
up. It won't connect to USB. All I get is the red & the yellow lights on
when charging and they stay on when disconnected from the charger as well.
There is absolutely nothing showing on the LCD. So, is this what is call
the RLOD phenomenon? Any advice as to what to do? Is my box gone for good?
Can it be fixed?

Well I have reviewed the FAQ and determined that it is not the RLOD problem.
A couple of you have suggested that it is a battery issue. Why would the
red & blue lights stay on if it was the battery? I would like to pick all
your over sized brains one more time for suggestions before I commit to
sending it off for what may be an expensive repair.

Thanks in advance...rocker