Subject: AW: AW: AW: Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500

AW: AW: AW: Porting Rockbox to XCleff 800 / i.Beat 500

From: VooDoo <2VooDoo_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:22:17 +0200

Hi Bluechip (and all others),

thank you for your offer of help and thank you for your tips.
I am certain I will need it.

The firmware update process goes like this:
There are 2 files:
HD800_MODEL_8123.bin (1910KB)
yt990715_HD800_8123.bin (32KB)

Their instruction of how to use them:
Step I : Connect AC adapter to HD-800(absolutely required) and then USB
cable to PC.
Step II : Copy ONLY one file to the folder of "Firmware" in HD-800.
(YT990715_HD800_xxxx.bin)
Step III : Disconnect USB cable from PC after choosing system tray
which is on the right buttom of your PC.
Keep in mind that you have to execute "USB SAFE TO REMOVE"
before disconnecting USB cable.
Step IV : For making the system file (Boot file:
YT990715_HD800_xxxx.bin) installed,
follow "Top Menu -> Setup -> System -> System Initial -> OK"
(After OK, please wait about 10~15 seconds) after power-off of HD-800
player.
Keep in mind that you HAVE TO this job connecting AC ADAPTER with the
player.
Step V : Connect AC adapter to HD-800(absolutely required) and then USB
cable to PC.
Step VI : Copy the other file to the folder of "Firmware" in HD-800.
(HD800_MODEL_8xxx.bin)
Step VII : Disconnect USB cable from PC after choosing system tray.
Keep in mind that you have to execute "USB SAFE TO REMOVE"
before disconnecting USB cable.
Step VIII : After that, you can power on HD-800 and then the firmware
will automatically
upgraded(automatically installed)
Step IX : Re-boot HD-800 again.
And follow "Top Menu -> Setup -> System -> System Initial -> Yes"

This seems to me as the more little file acts as a bootloader or
update-tool. Maybe I find a way to contact a developer of the firmware -
maybe they can give me some information...*hoping*

*stillReadingDocumentations*

c ya
Tom