Subject: Re: Advice needed

Re: Advice needed

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:07:45 +0200 (MEST)

Hello Rocker,

> I'm somewhat surprised that know one on this list has experiecnced this
> phenomenon? Or, they have, and they know there's no hope for my unit.
> (smile) I should be crafty enough to try replacing the battery so that
> will
> be my first foray into dismantling my FMR. It that does not work then I
> guess I will have a nice piece of plastic eh?

Sorry, I haven't seen or heard about that symptom. But it is so fundamental
that I guess it must be something simple.

Maybe the battery contact is no good, so it doesn't supply enough current,
voltage dip on attempted spinup crashing the CPU? I doubt the battery itself
is a problem, since you get the LEDs. Do you hear anything from the disk?

Have you flashed a bad build perhaps? Did F1+On do any difference?

I don't know if newmp3technology still fixes Archos boxes, or if you can
persuade them. At least, don't toss it away. If nothing helps, there is
demand for parts like screen, jacks, battery.

No better help today,
Jörg