Subject: Re: Update: Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)

Re: Update: Rockbox running directly from flash rom (ROMbox)

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:24:49 +0200

Hello flgants_at_earthlink.net

> I downlaoded rombox and the lateest DB, but the viewers dont
> work on my V2.

Hmm, that sounds strange. Do they work if you RoLo into the
daily build ajbrec.ajz?

If no, your installation of the daily build may not be complete/
correct.

If yes, I'd be interested in the following:

- do other plugins work?
- do files supported by viewers (.ch8/ .txt/ .jpg/ .ucl/ .rvf)
  get their proper icons in the file browser
- are these files visible if "show files" is set to "supported"
  or only if it is set to "show all"?
- do you get any error message when trying to view such files?
- does it work if you use On+Play -> Open with and then select
  the respective plugin manually?

Again, this sounds strange because it works perfectly (including
all viewers) for me on the V1. I wonder if there is anything
different in the code to handle viewer plugins on the V2 (it
shouldn't).

Regards, Jens