Subject: Re: RB Directory listing order

Re: RB Directory listing order

From: Bryan VanDyke <bryan314_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:36:28 -0400

Bryan VanDyke wrote:

> Gajdos_at_metatem.net wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 at 06:55, Bryan VanDyke wrote:
>>

>>> The sorting is called Natural Order Sort. I've used it in a custom
>>> version of rockbox I use for myself. I used a library (strnatcmp.c,
>>> strnatcmp.h ) found at http://sourcefrog.net/projects/natsort/ I had
>>> to tweak it a little to work on rockbox and work the way I wanted it
>>> too.
>>>
>>> In rockbox I replaced strncmp, strncasecmp in the compare function in
>>> tree.c.
>>

>> Do you have the possibility to make a diff of your tweaks, or maybe even
>> submit them as a patch?
>> /JG
>>

> I zipped up the modified files and they can be downloaded here.
>
> http://www.ivandyke.com/sort.zip
>
> I think tree.c is from a daily build from the end of last week. I don't
> remember the when I did a cvs check out. I only modified 2 lines anyways
> and added an #include for the .h file.
>
> Bryan :)

Sorry about replying to my own posting. But to make sure everything is
Kosher with the original authors license.

The strnatcmp.c, strnatcmp.h files where taken from
http://sourcefrog.net/projects/natsort/

The files in the zip file http://www.ivandyke.com/sort.zip are
*modified* from the original files.

Specifically:

25c25
< #include <assert.h>
---
 > //#include <assert.h>
98c98
<      assert(a && b);
---
 >      //assert(a && b);
104c104
< 	  while (isspace(ca))
---
 > 	     while (isspace(ca) || ca == '0' )
107c107
< 	  while (isspace(cb))
---
 > 	     while (isspace(cb) || cb == '0' )
Again sorry for replying to my own post.
Bryan :)