Subject: Re: RB Directory listing order

Re: RB Directory listing order

From: Fred <speedup_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:58:28 +0200

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:18:50 -0400, deonarin_at_netscape.net
<deonarin_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> As an alternative to modifying the way we sort file names in directories, if the id3 patch I've proposed is accepted, you could just sort by track number as listed in the id3 tag.
>
> The way it was implemented, it will automatically use two digits for the track number. (it pads 1-digit tracks with a space, which may be more pleasing than a leading zero...)
>
> ~Jonathan

That's a quite pretty solution Jonathan ;). I'd need this "human"
listing style when playing an album, and checking out the titles in
"track order". I dropped my playlists a couple of weeks ago and now
use only folders for one-disc albums (multiple discs albums have a
main folder and one subfolder for each disc, with a global playlist).
Your solution would be to sort the current playing playlist by track
number or implement an iPod-like DB styled media sorting system ?
Sorry, I did not really caught your idea ;)

Fred