Subject: Re: Dead drive, resurrection!!!

Re: Dead drive, resurrection!!!

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:15:32 +0200

Bad luck i think...
i read some thing about a casemodder, he used a clean room and put some
plexiglass on 40 GB drives. They died.
Just the moment he took off the upper cap, the platters were being
off-centered so much (really dense data) that it didn't work after the
modding. That is, much read errors. You could of course try it, but hard
luck i think. Or hire a professional data recovery company for $20,000 or
so...
How did it crash?

Ronald

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:55:44 -0500, Glenn Ervin at Home
<GlennErvin_at_cableone.net> wrote:

> Can someone open up a desktop size hard drive and have hopes of making it
> work again?
> I have an 80 GB which I lost much data from when it crashed. If there
> is a
> hope of opening it and making it work, please let me know off list.
> GlennErvin_at_cableone.net
>
> Thanks.

Groeten,
Ronald Teune