Subject: Re: Archos Jukebox Recorder V2 - Help

Re: Archos Jukebox Recorder V2 - Help

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:44:45 -0400

THat only matters at end of charge. When the battery is discharged, it will
accept pretty much any current thrown at it. The only limitation being that
the current should remain below the mfr's max charge rate. That is usually
C/2 or C/3.

Since the objective here isn't to fully charge the battery but merely to put
back enough charge to let the machine boot, there is no need for any sort of
battery management.

FWIW, I've tried to intentionally flambe' a LiIon battery. Connecting
directly to line current and to massive power supplies doesn't work because
there is an internal fuse that blows. The best I've been able to do is by
sneaking up on the fuse's rating, I have been able to make a battery vent and
quit working. No explosions and no flames. Darn!

John

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:26:07 +0200, "Ronald Teune" <rtwolf_at_gmx.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:43:42 +0200 (MEST), [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
>wrote:
>> You still can take out the battery, at the top. If you have access to a
>> bench power supply, you can charge it "by hand" for a while with 4V
>> sharp,
>> current limit to, say, 400 mA.
>>
>> Jörg
>
>Are you sure about that? I once read that with Li-Ion batteries you'd have
>to be _very_ careful with voltages, like .1 V too much and it would blow.
>This are Li-Ion batteries, aren't they?
>
>Ronald

---
John De Armond