Subject: Re: Scandisk

Re: Scandisk

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:57:44 +0200

Did the same thing (right click -> properties -> tools -> check disk)
no matter what boxes I check, it doesn't even say "Phase x", while it does
say that when scanning any internal partition (win xp home by the way).
Maybe I should look at a pc with win98 on it, like John says. Or maybe I
should just reboot my pc, have done that 25 days ago and since then
hibernated only. Perhaps the system doesn't like that :)
Not that important anyway, at least now I know it _should_ work.

Thx,

Ronald

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 11:12:00 -0600, Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> I have successfully scanned my fmr with scan disk running windows xp pro.
> Right click on the root directory, tab to hardware and run the check disk
> for errors button. I choose the check disk and fixed problems boxes.
> There
> will be a two phase scan. It takes about 45 minutes or less for me to do
> this with a clunky but reliable 1.3 gig machine.
>
> hth...rocker

Groeten,
Ronald Teune
= 1/2 * http://www.tred.net/