Subject: RE: mp3 cutting and pasting

RE: mp3 cutting and pasting

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:42:43 -0400

Glen Ervin wrote:

> I made the mistake of believing in a free lunch when it comes to so called
> freeware, and right now, I am battling with wintools on my computer.
> This is spyware/virus like, and it keeps opening windows on ads about once
> minute, and so far none of the pop-up stoppers will stop it.
> Watch out for FreeWare!

That's like saying "watch out for black people because a black person stole
my sister's purse!"

I have countless freeware tools on my system that behave perfectly. If you
download and install something without doing any research, then you might
get burned, whether it's freeware, shareware, a commercial demo, pirated
commercial software, or even open source.

You don't need a pop-up stopper -- you need something to remove the
adware/spyware. There are two freeware programs that work very well. One
is Spybot Search and Destroy:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

The other is AdAware:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=7423&fileidx=1

They are the most trusted and respected tools available for finding and
removing spyware. Of course, if you don't want to run freeware, enjoy the
pop-ups, because I know of no open-source adware/spyware scanning and
removal tools.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell