Subject: RE: Qeustion about voice in menus

RE: Qeustion about voice in menus

From: Aregullin, Manuel <Manuel_Aregullin_at_Intuit.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:11:31 -0700

Hi jrg,
In the case of voice prompts that are not generated from actual files as in
the case of talk box, how would I increase speech spoken from the
english.voice file and english.lang files?
Also a second question. You mentioned that there is a speed doubling utility
here in rockbox and you mentioned that it can be found in the menus. I've
also heard of other interesting functions which can be found in the menus,
but after much investigation of the menus on the F1 key, I can't seem to
find many of them. As I'm totally blind, I do rely soly on the speech
support in rockbox. I notice that several parts of the menu structure will
not speak such as the "plugins", "browse configurations", "browse firmware"
and "debug info". Is this because speech is not fully supported in rockbox
menus, or am I missing a patch wich grants full accessibility to the menus?
Is this the same reason that the menus launched from the F2 and f3 keys wont
speak?
Thanks again
Manny