Subject: (no subject)

(no subject)

From: Todd Wallace <tcwiv_at_ttlc.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:34:40 -0400

Hello all, this may not be the appropriate forum for this question
although after reading many posts it's
obvious that it may be as close as it gets!

I recently purchased an as-is JBMM 20 on ebay. Not the best idea! Needless
to say it doesn't work. When I
removed it from the box and pressed "On" the red light came on for a few
seconds and then went off. I charged
the batteries overnite (green lite comes on although no screen action)and
although the red lite remained on a
while longer still nothing. I removed the batteries and tested (4.5 to
5.0v) re inserted although this time
upside down and low and behold the little screen lit up, although very
briefly before shutting off. I tweaked
the terminals in the JB and cleaned the contacts on the batteries and
re-inserted. I can get the screen to
flicker and stay on for about 6 or so seconds before it apparently shuts
down. I can't seem to get beyond that.
  I have tried the many different configurations of "Power/F1" ,
"Power/Play" and some creative ones of my own!

I have ordered a 44 pin to 40 pin hd adapter and would like to test the hd
with my desktop and replace it if I
have to although wanted to simply chat with you guiys in the know to see
if you might recommend something. What
  should I be looking for if the hard drive is operational? If I relace the
hd do I simply install Rockbox or
Archos OS firmware? What else can go wrong?

Thanks in advance - Todd