Subject: AW: AW: News about charging problem ???

AW: AW: News about charging problem ???

From: Matthias Klumpp <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:27:37 +0200

# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----Linus Nielsen Feltzing
# Matthias Klumpp wrote:
# > That 3) might be my problem...
#
# I'm not sure about that. If you only wait a few seconds before starting
# the car, the power management thread has probably not even started
# charging yet.

Hmmm....

# > After that it takes a while and the JBR shows the battery with '?'.
# > Sometimes it then starts to charge (I guess if I started the
# motor shortly
# > after switching on ignition), sometimes not.
#
# What is your battery level at this point? It doesn't start charging
# until the battery level is below 85%.

I'm not sure.
If I try switching on/off for several times, the JB sometimes hangs with
battery = ?? (even after some minutes) and sometimes shows a remaining time
of 5h (using 1500mAh batteries).
Yesterday I was start driving and it showed 5h remaining power. After 2h of
driving (I was not looking on the display during that time) it showed 0h32m
afterwards (power adapter plugged in all the time). Because of that I'm
assuming that the power was not "accepted" by the JB.

Just as a side information:
I was using the same power adapter for more than a year with my Player and
w/o any problems.
So it should not be a problem of voltage or bad connection or something
similar.

Greetings

Matthias