Subject: Re: ROMbox on the FM

Re: ROMbox on the FM

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_greenend.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:45:09 +0100

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:14:26AM +0200, [IDC]Dragon wrote:
> > How can I be sure that my box is really running RomBox ? Is there an
> > entry in the debug menu ?
>
> No. Perhaps the best way to tell is that for ROMbox the .ucl flash plugin
> will refuse to work as long as you're running from ROM, it tells you to run
> an .ajz first.

Probably the easiest way to tell is to look at the memory footprint in
"Rockbox Info". ROLO into an .ajz of the same firmware, check the free
buffer size, then reboot the Jukebox. If you have about 200k more
free memory on bootup, then you're running Rombox.

Christi

--
Christi Alice Scarborough - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~christi/
Not a member of the Lusty Wench Cabal (TINC)          Caffeine != Sheep