Subject: Re: My box don't rock

Re: My box don't rock

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:38:10 +0100

> > If you flashed it, you can revert to the archos firmware pressing F1 while
> > booting.
>Here is what I tried. I restarted the arcos held down the f-1 key. The
>archos screen comes up and after about 10 seconds it loads rockbox. I would
>imagine it's supposed to stay in the archos firmware?

It seems that you have and old version of Rockbox living on your HDD.
(As well as the version that lives in flash)
Look in the root directory and erase (or rename) the file "ajbrec.ajz"
...then try F1 again :)

>What determines if it is 2 or 8 mb?

Did you open the unit and upgrade the memory chips with a soldering iron?
No? ...It's 2MB :)

>I thank everyone for any assistance.

You're welcome,

BC