Subject: Hello. Help!

Hello. Help!

From: Kyle McGee <mcgee_kyle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:44:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello -

I have a Archos recorder 20 and now I have some big
problems.

I live in India and have for the last 3 years. I have
used the recorder here and in Nepal, but the batteries
have consistently given me problems.

First, they last only a few hours. Even with the
software indicating that there are 10 hours left, the
recorder will surely last only a few hours.

Second, the batteries have died now twice. The message
on the screen indicates 'not charging' when I plug it
in and the adaptor seems to be fine. The unit with
other adaptors also indicates the same message. This
happened in Kathmandu (Nepal)first and I replaced the
batteries with the same brand only a higher MA (1800).
They have now died in India. I can not replace the
batteries here, but I will have to wait until I reach
a big city like Calcutta or maybe Bangkok.

The original adaptor that I got was for US voltage, so
I bought a local adaptor in India that is 12 Volts and
500ma.

Could the adaptor be the source of the problems? The
power often fluctuates here. Could this be ruining the
batteries?

I have posted two messages before and received no
replies. I would appreciate some response..

Thanks in advance for your help or just some ideas..

Kyle