Subject: Re: iRiver - good? open?

Re: iRiver - good? open?

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:22:14 +0200

Hi,

quote:
The host software I used is all open source and can be configured to offer
all the features of iTunes if not with the same level of integration.

So the _host_ software is open source. And as far as I know, they mean the
software on the pc, not the firmware...

Ronald

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:38:28 +0100, Mat Holton
<mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com> wrote:

> I've been reading up on the iRiver and one comment:
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cache:LDm-pT4jMfEJ:www.ipodlounge.com/forums/archive/topic/15064-1.html+iRiver+iHP120+firmware+open&hl=en
>
> ..says the firmware is open source!
>
> Surely, if this the case, this has to be the next Rockbox?
>
> Mat
>
> "ve seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
> the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near
> Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like
> tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."
>

> Surface Inspection Ltd
> www.surface-inspection.com

Groeten,