Subject: Re: iRiver - good? open?

Re: iRiver - good? open?

From: Christopher Moore <christopher.h.moore_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:24:52 -0400

Another thing we should be looking for is a piece of hardware that won't
fall apart if you breathe on it the wrong way. His write-up on the I-river
wasn't too encouraging in that regard. While I love rockbox, I suspect my
archos will become a paperweight within a couple years. I've had a welkman
last for many years: why not an mp3 player. Disk drives and batteries
should be easily removable; buttons should't break after a few months, etc.
etc.

Chris