Subject: normal charging problem with flashed recorders?

normal charging problem with flashed recorders?

From: <rockbox_at_wrybread.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:51:29 -0700

I don't mind this problem that much, but I'm wondering if it's normal:

When I plug my flashed Recorder into wall power, it won't turn on unless it was
already on before plugging it in. And it won't charge either. If I try to turn
it on, the light just flashes briefly, then it goes back to off and says
something like "status: not charging".

The workaround is easy enough: turn it on, then plug it into wall power. But it
can be annoying if the batteries are too low to turn on. And the other problem
is I have trouble recommending a flashed jukebox to people who are less techy.
I've found they just say "hey it's not charging" then stop using the thing. I
hate to steer so many towards ipods...

Anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Or am I the only one experiencing the
problem?