Subject: Re: building Rombox, take 2

Re: building Rombox, take 2

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:19:19 +0200

Hello Daniel

>> "make" now fails for the recorder models, it seems you forgot
>> to include romsizetest.pl

> So I did! Here's an updated version with the romsizetest.pl
> included:

> http://daniel.haxx.se/makefile3.patch

Both "make" and "make zip" for the recorders and the player now
work without warnings and properly generate all files. There are
only some very minor issues left:

- The MAXROMSIZE is off by 16 bytes. The correct values are:
    V1: 192496
    V2: 188400
    FM: 180208
  This is because the 188/184/176 KB are not fully usable, there
  are 4 long values stored in front of the image, see Jörg's flash
  code. That's also why the ROM_START addresses end in 0x10.

- My comments regarding rom.lds (alignment and/or comment for that)

- "make zip" does funny things for the neo build. I think we can
  simply ignore that for now, and it is not an issue caused by
  your patch either.

If you send me a rombox.ucl (and preferably the corresponding
rombox.map) for the recorder V1, generated with binutils 2.15, I
could check whether it is built correctly and does work.

Regards, Jens