Subject: Re: to weak batteries - cant even charge... ;-(

Re: to weak batteries - cant even charge... ;-(

From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern <the_angry_angel_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:17:04 +0100

>I think it would be a good idea to fix this before V2.3 is shipped.
>
>The fix seems to be to start charging immediately, then after a minute or
>so, measure the battery voltage and see if charging should continue or not.

Maybe I'm being ignorant of some feature (and if I am, ignore this), but
I dont think that this is the best solution. If the batteries become
'overcharged' the electrolyte inside them will evaporate overtime. Over
weeks/months, if the batteries are fully charged when this process
starts, wont this shorten the battery lifespan? Or am I being too cautious?

--
Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern
http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/