Subject: Re: suggestion for the site

Re: suggestion for the site

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:58:14 -0600

Rock on dude!

----- Original Message -----
From: "karl 'the_angry_angel' southern" <the_angry_angel_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "Rockbox development" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 4:30 PM

rinty wrote:

>Hi all, could I make a suggestion for the site? earlier today there
>was someone selling some parts, (I didn't bother to read the message,
>as it wasn't something that directly interested me. I've now got the
>job of looking for a few!!! people, for the correct models, and I
>wondered if it would be either a practicable or good idea to have a
>for sale section on the web-site. We could publicize it, if it were
>possible to have an email address, when items become available on
>ebay, the details could be sent to the site, and so on. It would help
>sellers, and buyers. There's someone selling a unit on ebay at the
>moment, with the RB software installed, so they clearly know about the
>firmware replacement, but they're quite possibly not a member of the
>list, as I've not seen any ads for units on here recently. I'm not
>able to write HTML, but I'm happy to make some suggestions for the
>fields in the form.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rob

We could easily throw something like this together, probably powering it
by something like php, or asp.

In my understanding of this concept:
'when someone on the list is selling something we could provide a form
on the rockbox site where they can say when its going on, how long for,
and a short description + a direct link. whilst its being sold on
ebay/trade-it/whatever it would appear on a list.'

Is this something you're thinking of? or are you looking at something a
little more complex, .e.g. an application that automatically
trawls/searches ebay for archos jukebox products, and returns them?

--
Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern
http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/