Subject: Re: recover lost recording file

Re: recover lost recording file

From: devtrick <devtrick_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:54:57 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Which bug? Did I mention a bug in fsync()? I can't
> remember having a bug
> in fsync().

I don't even know what "fsync()" is ;-)

> The file is created when you start the recording,
> and is kept up to date
> at all times. This behaviour has been there since
> 2.0, I believe.

So this is only the first of some sings that nothing
was recorded.
A file named as you said with the appropriate date and
header was obviously never been created.

> > If i hadn't start the recording the unit would
> > have
> > been turned off after 10 minutes.
> > Maybe this don't happen when a bug occurs and the
> > firmware freezes somehow?
>
> True. But then it would have said PANIC on the LCD.

Unfortunately i finished the recording without taking
a look on the display - wouldn't offend the
interviewpartner. So i can't be sure about that.

All in all after an intense search i have to face the
facts that there's nothing is on my harddisk - really
worse, but shit happens!
The good thing is i've learned some things about FAT32
and what chaos is there on the physical side of my
harddisk. And ALWAYS to use actual Firmware-Builds ;-)

Many thanks again for prompt help - and what i wanted
to say since a long time:

ROCKBOX is really an awesome project which showed me
as an non-programmer the power of open source in
practise. I have my AJB for nearly 3 years now and use
Rockbox since it was able to record. There was not
only one thing the original Archos Firmware could do
better - far from it - Rockbox brought one
killer-feature after another. Respect and a big big
THANK YOU to all who helped Rockbox to became what it
is now.

greetz
devtrick