Subject: RE: ID3 database browsing

RE: ID3 database browsing

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:50:18 +0100

> I'm also not too hot on the idea of using individual files -

Me too, a single db file, if it is defragmented, will be cached in the HDD
internal cache. If you use multiple files then there are no guarantees as
to where those files will be physically on the disk, even when it is
defragmented. If the data is contiguous and cached on the disk then all
this jumping about from one part to the other would be quicker. I think.

Stu.