Subject: Re: Database extended: statistical info

Re: Database extended: statistical info

From: Michael Graham <magog_at_the-wire.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:50:16 -0400

> I'd like to throw another topic into the database discussion. I'd really
> favor if we could design a database that allows to store statistical
> usage info about the song like
> - how often it was played
> - how often it was skipped
> (- maybe a song rating)
>
> That could enable us to generate playlists eg of the least often played
> songs on the fly. A real plus.

I remember there was some talk awhile back about a patch that would
generate a logfile of all songs played (and skipped, etc.). Did
anything ever come of that?

I do think these database ideas are really cool, but I'd be
content with data I could parse and manipulate offline with
a Perl script.

Michael

--
Michael Graham <magog_at_the-wire.com>