Subject: Re: ID3 database browsing

Re: ID3 database browsing

From: Jacob <jacob01_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:13:07 +0200

Ok, having though about this (sorry for doing that after
hitting 'y' to send the last mail) I think about the following
steps (it's just an idea):

  1. A complete off-line based solution without any db file
     format optimization is done first. This has the advantage,
     that a usable data base (and the UI) will be available
     sooner than if trying to find an optimal file format
     before any coding is really done (and everyone gets
     bored).

Now most of the users will probably be happy.

  2. A proper encapsulation of the low level database stuff
     can be done (if not already done in step 1).

  3. The unhappy few who do not want to depend on a host
     computer, can start with an experimental approach. When
     they find a usable solution, the resulting file format
     will either replace the format that has been chosen in
     step 1 or it will be supported alternatively. None of
     the happy users will have to wait for them.

  4. The off-line tools are modified to support the new format
     as well.

After rebuilding their databases all users should be happy now :-)

Jacob