Subject: Re: archo jukebox recorder 20gb mic

Re: archo jukebox recorder 20gb mic

From: Dan Richardson <Spam_at_NotTooLoud.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:53:13 -0400

> I need to buy a external mic., cause the int. mic records "the harddisk"
> spin......

While an external mike will reduce this, it won't get rid of it completely.
The Archos preamp picks up the hard disk directly.
There are no inexpensive solutions.

The Rode NT4 stereo mike has a hot enough output
to drive the Archos line in directly, but you still hear the drive.
The only real solution I've found is an external mike preamp
with an S/PDIF digital output, such as the Denecke AD20,
formerly known as the Zephiro Inbox.
This goes into the Archos digital input,
and circumvents the problem entirely.

Dan Richardson
Northampton, MA