Subject: Re: take out the int. mic. from AJBR 20gb

Re: take out the int. mic. from AJBR 20gb

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:01:38 +0100

At 16:42 18/10/2004, you wrote:

> > >Hi....
> > >Is possible to take out the int. mic. and use it from outside to avoid
> > >hard disk spin recording?
> > >
> > >Thanks, bye Luca
> >
> > Before you butcher your jbr and internal mic, you may like to butcher a
> > condenser mic out of an old knackered portable cassette tape player. Put
> > it inline with an AAA cell and plug in in from the outside - crude yes,
> > but
> > it will have pretty much the effect you have just described.
> >
> > BC
>
>What does mean "Put it in line with a AAA..." - I have 3 cables at my
>Stereo-Mic, where and in which direction to put the AAA-Cell? Parallel to
>the ground-cable?
>
>Krischan

Ah. Stereo is a little different ...the internal mic is mono
Stereo is simply a pair of mono mics (if you care to think about it in that
manner)

With a mono mic you only have two wires, a simple wire-in-series should suffice
    1.5v mic
I believe it makes little odds which side the battery goes on - but it has
been about 20years since I last did this.

With stereo, the ground will be common - so in theory you may be able to
get away with putting the battery on the ground wire.

But if you are going for something more serious, then a couple of
transistors will be the most plausible solution dujour.

BC