Subject: Re: Connection with Win 98

Re: Connection with Win 98

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:33:41 +0100

Couple of tips:

First off, there is an UNOFFICIAL Service Pack for 98SE ...currently SP1.6.2
here: http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html

Secondly:
It is quite a classic fix for many 95..98SE driver problems.
It takes a while but often fixes a lot of troubles.
Boot in SAFE MODE; remove ALL device from Device Mangler (removing the
mouse last!); reboot and wait while windows sorts itself out.

Im intrigued by this USB2IDE util ...The standard JB drivers will give you
a letter. If you then wish to change this letter (permanently) you:
plug in jb; device mangler; drives->jb->properties; tick/check
"removeable"; select your drive letter at the bottom ...this will take
effect as of the next boot of your pc.

Hope there's something helpful there,

BC