Subject: Re: 2.3 feature freeze

Re: 2.3 feature freeze

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:54:51 +0200

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> However, the time offset in the currently playing song is also saved in
> the RTC. We *could* add some more intelligence on the RTC-equipped
> units, so that the disk information is only saved if the track has changed.

Hmmm. When I come think about it, all vital resume information is
already saved in the RTC. It is replicated on the disk, just in case the
power is lost, for example if you change batteries.

So "all" we need to do is to track the changes in the RTC, and only save
to disk of anything other than the resume info has changed.

On the other hand, this makes it a pain for those who really wish to
save the resume info on disk, because they intend to change batteries...

Linus