Subject: Re: Gapless Playback Engine

Re: Gapless Playback Engine

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:33:42 +0200

BlueChip wrote:
> I think that's probably rhetoric, as your next paragraph serves as a
> perfect answer ...however, two immediate answers spring to mind, Ask and
> Guess-and-be-corrected :)

...where guess-and-be-corrected is the absolute best way to get a quick
answer... :-)

> Cool ...so in theory, WAV _could_ be recorded?

Indeed. Lots of work for the CPU to handle the bandwidth, but sure. If
only someone could write a record-to-wav hack for the MAS that is...

> Your choice of words ("so far") suggests that 'Rockbox' is now prepared
> to accept CODECs which may be submitted ...that alone is the greatest
> move forward from my point of view.

Anyone who is willing to hack on the MAS is welcome to.

> Handy - is he up for working on CODECs, do you know?
> ...If so, someone should furnish him with all available information;
> such as the plugin to upload CODECs, example CODECs, Programmers manual,
> Translated lecture slides, etc. etc.

Somehow I have the feeling that he already has that information... ;-)

Linus