Subject: Re: Press Off to Shutdown box?

Re: Press Off to Shutdown box?

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:03:29 +0000

>I'm not all that keen on having it both ways on the fm/v2/ondio, and the
>hold-off way is after all the original way of doing it, even in the
>Archos firmware.
By that reasoning we should all revert to the original firmware and scrap Rockbox!

I think the "double click" method is better than holding the off button down.
I found it a lot easier when I returned home to press the off button a few times (from playing)
and quickly glance at my device to see if it had shut off than holding down whilst watching the screen
to ensure it's shut down.

Perhaps it should be optional to hold off to shut down as I'm sure some people will argue
for both methods (as is often the case).

Mat

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com