Subject: Re: corrupt files on my HD

Re: corrupt files on my HD

From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern <the_angry_angel_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:49:11 +0000

rinty wrote:

>as I'm not sure how I could reformat the drive as
>a single 80GB partition, in FAT32, as I'm using XP.

since its already fat32 you can do it from xp - go into computer
management (in the administrative tools area [may have to be enabled to
show on the start menu]), go to disk management (in the tree on the
left). select the archos drive, right click, on to format. in the file
system drop down box just select fat32 and you're off.

also, since the drive is also formatted to fat32, you can right click it
from my computer, select format and fat32, should again be in the drop
down list.

if neither of these work (because fat32 isnt in the dropdown lists) you
can do format to fat32 from the command prompt (check the arguments of
the format command, and its pretty self explanitary).

Hope that helps and ive not rambled a load of crap, because ive not
actually read the email properly...

--
Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern
http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/