Subject: Re: Think flashing with rockbox killed my unit

Re: Think flashing with rockbox killed my unit

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:33:38 +0100 (MET)

> Hi guys. I just flashed my player using the instructions on the VI
> portion of the site.
> Everything went fine untill I rebooted the unit.

Flashing for the first time, I guess.
Was it really settled? I hope you didn't shut it off too early.

> I've no speech....

Did you update it to version 2.3 after flashing? The .bin image contains
v2.2, so you should "play" your recent .ucl right after.

> The unit powers up then shuts off without the power cord in.
> Any ideas? using th elatest daily build.

Have you tried holding F1 while powering it up? This should boot the disk
version again, and you can use it to upgrade rockbox in flash (play that
.ucl file).

Jörg

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++