Subject: Re: Drive Letter being included when generating dirname.talk files

Re: Drive Letter being included when generating dirname.talk files

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:48:28 -0500

Dj paddy wrote:
> Hi Brian.
>
> Whre do I get this zip?
>
> I installed this gear months back. I have the Laime encoder installed
> and in it's a folder a file called,
> mp3ClipGen.vbs That I run to generate the files.
>
> I think I got it from Jorgs site although I'm not sure. It was
> literally about 6 months back.

That's the older version; you can get the newer version that generates clips for
speaking both directories and filenames here:

    http://www.aplcycling.org/Rockbox/voiceBox.zip

You can configure this to generate the clips to voice either files or folders or
both. The default is to voice both. If this version still tries to speak the
drive letter before the folder or file name, try running it on one folder at a
time (e.g., music, playlists, videos, etc.) rather than doing the whole drive at
once. You don't really want your recycle bin voiced anyway, do you? =)

I'll have to test it with an entire drive to see if there is some pathological
behavior there that hadn't shown up yet in my testing.