Subject: Re: Drive Letter being included when generating dirname.talk files

Re: Drive Letter being included when generating dirname.talk files

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:53:53 -0500

Dj paddy wrote:
> Hi Brian.
>
> Cheers.
>
> It's still doing it. I've set filenaming to False for this test.
>
> It only pronounces JBooks
>
> Not JBooks John Grishim. Or J John Grishim.
>
> Which is the same the other file did. The log file contents are below.
>
> Encoding application: C:\Program Files\Lame\lame.exe
> Folder: j:Books voiced
> -->Speaking j:Books
> -->Encoding j:Books\_dirname.wav
> -->Storing j:Books\_dirname.talk
> "C:\Program Files\Lame\lame.exe" -m m -b 24 -S "j:Books\_dirname.wav"
> "j:Books\_dirname.talk"
> -->Deleting file j:Books\_dirname.wav
> Folder: J:\Books\John Grishim voiced
> -->Speaking John Grishim

Ah, I think I get it now. You're using the command line interface or typing
j:books at the prompt, correct? The script assumes that paths are specified in
this format:

drive_letter:\Folder_name

so that there is always a backslash before the name of the folder. The backslash
is always there if you drag and drop, but apparently it accepts a typed path
without the "\" and processes it just fine - except that it doesn't know where
in the path to truncate things to get just that last part of the folder name -
the part that is actually spoken. I can fix the script to check for an entry
like this, but in the meantime just type the path like so

j:\books

and it should work just fine.