Subject: canabilized my V2 to get the laptop back up.

canabilized my V2 to get the laptop back up.

From: Gary <flgants_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:49:39 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Hello

  You probably dont know me but i am a tech idiot. My thirst for technology is only surpassed by my ignorance of it. Anyway, my laptop died yesterday, and I opened it up to find the HD crashed. I have been wanting for the last year, to upgrade the HD in my V2 but have been afraid to attempt it. Fear went out the window last night. I got out the screwdriver and went after it. The HD ws very easy to pull out of the V2. I simply removed the covers and bumbers, slightly bent the bottom and slid it right out. I put it in my laptop, fdisked and by some miracle of God, it worked. Now i need recommendations for my V2

1) Where is the cheapest place to look for a 60, 80 or 100gb HD?

2) What brands do you prefer?

3) How do I format my new disk on my V2? I have a desktop with XP? Should I just take the HD out of the laptop and fdisk the hd in there?

4) Under fdisk, what do I want? One dos partition etc. I really still dont understand the patitioning stuff.

Please let me know, and I am sorry for asking questions as worn out as these are.

Gary