Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: iRiver Optical Input

Re: iRiver Optical Input

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:27:39 +0000

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Dave Chapman wrote:
>
>> To the people (Linus?) who are familar with the hardware of the
>> iRiver, do you know the capabilities of the optical input in the iRiver?
>>
>> i.e. which sample rates and sample sizes does it support, and are
>> those limits a feature of the hardware or the current firmware?
>

> A quick glance at the ADC data sheets tells me that the ADC supports
> sample rates from 8-55kHz with 24 bits. I am a little uncertain about
> the CPU support, but so far I can't see any further limitations.

Thanks for your reply, but as a software person, I'm confused that you
mention the ADC (which I'm assuming is the analogue->digital converter).
  My question was about the digital optical input.

Or does the same chip handle both? Also, could you point me towards the
datasheet(s) you were referring to?

Thanks again,

Dave.