Subject: Re: Ondio 128 Freeze Problem

Re: Ondio 128 Freeze Problem

From: Manuel Dejonghe <limbus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:25:12 +0100

Hi,

I suppose it never worked, you are just about to try it out, isn't it ?

First of all, if you switch on the device with the usb connected,
rockbox does not try to boot up, so you can remove it from the unit
again, so you can use it.

You most probably have a device with slightly modified hardware. I had
one too last week, I sorted it out with the ondio-men (Jens and Jörg).
I had to open (unscrew) the unit to tell them some differences, then
they were able to make some modifications to the code and let me test
again.
To be sure: Try a daily build to see your running another hardware then I had.
If that does not work, open the device, make photographs (even better
scans) of the pcb's, specially the modifications, so one can read the
text written on those chips.
Then, get on irc and bug them (amiconn and [IDC]Dragon) :-)

Hope I could help, Manuel