Subject: Re: New fonts and font tools?

Re: New fonts and font tools?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:04:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Denis Sokolov wrote:

> I have just downloaded 2.3 and now my customized fonts are screwed.
> Basically, the what's new says that the fonts are different, but there is no
> reference anywhere how to make new ones

You make new ones exactly like you made the old ones: with the convbdf tool.

> and what are the new version or what is the difference :(

We've discussed the differences on this list before. The new fonts are smaller
and requires less CPU when loaded.

> How do I make it a new version? What are the tools?

convbdf convbdf

> I can't remember the process much and don't know the specs of the new font.

But you know the specs of the old font? Most people don't care about the
specs, they just want funtioning fonts.