Subject: Re: Podcasting, anybody? (opml reader in rockbox)

Re: Podcasting, anybody? (opml reader in rockbox)

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:21:36 +0000

"My mate let me take his bike for a spin 'round the block last week" is
about the only place I can imagine using the word "block" (in this
sense.) But it is a thoroughly indeterminate distance and is not used at
all outside of this context (can anyone think of a good counter-example?)
...that is to traverse a short distance with the start and end being the
same place.

As Joe says, our towns & cities are generally divided into "housing
estates" so "my mate lives [on the other side|right in the middle] of the
estate" ..or maybe he lives "near town" or "a few miles away" ...distance
are generally measured in either "miles" or "kilometres" (depending on your
age) or in larger cities in "tube stops" ("how far is it?" -> "a couple of
stops on the tube") or "£" ("Hey Mr cabbie, how far to Harrods?" -> "about
10 quid mate")

I was about to paste a link to multimap to show you the shapes you will
find in our cities, but remembered that it would be of little use to you
...safe to say, you would have to be mentally unstable (or a town planner
(hmmmm - is there a link there?)) to spot any regular patterns or shapes on
a map of a town. British towns were not designed from scratch, but rather
have grown organically, often based on land-ownership borders dating back
centuries.

As for playing mp3 clips between songs, I fear the answer will be
"playlists" ...if you name your pre/post files "sensibly" it should be easy
enough to automate the procedure. If that is an option for you, let me
know if you need any help with banging together a tool to do it :)

BC