Subject: Re: Podcasting, anybody? (opml reader in rockbox)

Re: Podcasting, anybody? (opml reader in rockbox)

From: Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:03:27 -0500

Glenn at home wrote:
> I'll bet that cCrane would still sell it to someone living where it is not
> allowed. I have always wondered if radio equipment from other countries can
> operate out of the normal bands that the FCC allows in the U.S., or if the
> Communications Commissions of other contries have frequencies nearly
> identical to those of the FCC.
> Being a HAM, you would think I would know this.
> Glenn N0YJV

Yes. The classic example is scanners in the USofA are not allowed to
tune cell phone frequencies. The internet is awash (well, I exaggerate
a little) in mods to remove jumpers and/or diodes to defeat the
restrictions. There are also suggestions on where to buy radios that
don't need to be modded.

Example: <http://www.snapshield.com/www_problems/Inter/All_you.htm>

gvb