Subject: problem building tool chain

problem building tool chain

From: Ray Lambert <listlizard_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:51:20 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to build the tool chain for rockbox but having some trouble:
gcc won't compile. Binutils and gdb compile just fine but gcc fails on
embed-bb.c (the error output is long so I won't post it unless someone
requests it).

I suspect the problem is that I recently upgraded my system to Fedora
Core 3 which installed gcc version 3.4.2. So I'm trying to build the
gcc cross compiler for sh1 (version 3.3.4) with gcc version 3.4.2/intel.

Anyone know what my options are? Dare I try a newer version of the
cross compiler (and which one, if so)?

Thanks,

~ray