Subject: Re: problem when playing files and using bookmarks

Re: problem when playing files and using bookmarks

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:46:43 +0100

helmuth schlögl wrote:
> Hi Together
> My name is Helmuth. I'm blind and have recently purchawsed the archos
> jukebox recorder (20gb). I've already enabled talking menus and
> directories but when I try to play a file, the voice only says the
> name of the file but it doesn't start playing.

Did you also prepare for talking filenames? If not, are you sure that it
is the filename that is spoken and not the directory? Pressing play will
enter the directory, and play again will start the playback.

Another theory is that you have also generated a _dirname.mp3 clip for
each directory and that is the one that you are playing instead of the
intended file.

I have never heard of any other people with the same problem as you
describe. I suggest you find a seeing friend who could help you sort out
the problem for you. I'm sure it's an easy one.

Linus