Subject: overheated Archos 6000 plugged in with Rockbox sleep timer

overheated Archos 6000 plugged in with Rockbox sleep timer

From: <evanmo_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:58:24 -0800

This may be well known, but if not already documented, be careful: I seem to have overheated my Archos 6000 by leaving it plugged in & playing using the Rockbox sleep timer (which did not shut it off). In the morning it was HOT and now will not power up.

I read on the Internet where someone else overheated theirs & replaced the hard drive. Not sure if this would fix it. Any ideas or experience?

Thanks,
Evan M